Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Best Beef Borscht Recipe • A Tasty Twist on a Classic! | Club Foody

 

When we started living together, I introduced David who’s now my husband, to a lot of my favorite recipes which were mostly FrenchLatinItalianLevantine and African. He did the same with German as well as many Eastern European dishes that he grew up with like Beef RouladenSchnitzel, Olivier Potato Salad, Chocolate Babka, ZwiebelrostbratenSpätzle, Bratkartoffeln, Pierogi, Torte, Apple Strudel, Stollen, etc. It was a delicious way to learn from each other.
 
We also shared our soup recipes with each other. His list was quite short. Mine, on the other hand, was quite extensive. The one he introduced me to was okay until I put my own little touch to it and then it became the Best Beef Borscht ever! This recipe is simply incredible! With beets, beef, vegetables, and seasonings, this is a healthy and nutritious soup to make this season.
 
Why is it the Best Beef Borscht? Because it has seasonings along with fresh ingredients! I use primarily beef broth and some vegetable broth which brings a flavorful complexity to the mix. When it comes to beets, many slice them… I prefer dicing them. I do the same with my onions, carrots and celery therefore the sizes are similar making a better soup to enjoy instead of big awkward pieces here and there. While the traditional recipe uses white vinegar, I add balsamic vinegar giving another dimension to the soup.
 
Sunflower and safflower oil are the most popular ones use in Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Latvia, Moldova, and others. In our house, I rarely use them so my next best alternative is canola because it’s flavorless and its smoke point is at 400ºF/204ºC. It’s a great all-purpose oil to substitute. To get more info about oils, click on this link… Know Your Oils and Their Smoke Points
 
Besides this featured recipe, I also have many soup recipes with beef including Picadillo, Corn Beef and Cabbage, Italian Wedding Soup, Solyanka, Carne en su Jugo, Beef Barley, Pasta e Fagioli, Vegetable Beef, Lasagna, Asian Beef, Beef Tortellini, and many others…
 
This fall, try this classic soup! Before serving, add a big dollop of sour cream and garnish with some chopped dill… yum! To make a complete meal, I like to serve this Best Beef Borscht with crusty bread. Easy to make, your family will love it!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious soup recipes…
– Italian Wedding Soup
– Wonton Soup
– French Onion Soup Gratinée
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
– West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
– Split Pea & Ham Soup
and for even more soup and chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups
 

For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/best-beef-borscht/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Best Beef Borscht




No comments:

Post a Comment