Thursday, September 29, 2022

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe | Club Foody

As I’ve often said, most dishes need a side to wrap them up deliciously. It can be a creamy Mac and Cheese to go along with burgersCouscous to accompany grilled chickenRice with kebabsBaked Beans with pork chops or eggs, Asparagus or Sautéed Mushrooms next to a steak, and so on.
 
When it comes to potatoes, there are so many ways of serving them as a side dish like French fries, Aloo Gobi, Croquettes, Duck fat Roasted Potato SkinsHash BrownsCottage FriesTwice Baked, Gratin Dauphinois, Poutine, Olivier salad or the classic one, and more. When it comes to mashed, I have a few that I like depending on my main course. It can be my Mixed Mashed PotatoesCreamy Robuchon style or this one… Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
 
I love garlic and this easy recipe is a popular one at our house. Within 30 minutes, this side is ready as long as your roasted garlic is already done especially if you use the oven method. There are also other ways to roast garlic so to find out more, click on this link… Roasted Garlic. Another flavorful alternative you can do is to use my compound Garlic Herb Butter and skip the roasting
 
Talking about butter, when I make these Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, I use butter and a lot of it– everything tastes better with butter! Besides using the regular salted one, I also add my Chive Butter which gives a nice “oniony” flavor to the side dish. To make the task easier, take your butter out of the fridge a good 15 to 20 minutes prior to mashing the potatoes so they’re soft and incorporate better. I do that when I start boiling the potatoes.
 
After a good scrubbing, I leave the skin of the potatoes on not only for visual appeal but because they’re healthy. That’s right! Red potato skins have fiber, iron, potassium and also vitamin B. The skin is so thin, it’s barely noticeable plus you have the benefits from it.
 
These Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are so tasty! They’re a good accompaniment for many proteins and certainly a delicious change from regular mashed. This great recipe is a must try!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more great side dish recipes for you to try…
– Green Beans with Chili-Orange Oil
– Vegetable Medley
– Jicama Mango Pepper Salad
– Smoky Bacon Creamed Corn
– Mushroom Risotto
– Tabbouleh
– Squash à la Canadienne
and for even more side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Vegetables & Sides


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls



 

No comments:

Post a Comment