Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Pumpkin Chili Recipe • A Comforting Fall Dish! | Club Foody

The month of October is about Halloween, our Canadian Thanksgiving, colorful leaves and also pumpkin. Besides carving it and using it as a spooky decoration, there are many recipes using this winter squash like Pumpkin & Spice Cream Cheese Muffins, a delicious Pumpkin Pie, a nice Spicy Pumpkin Sauce for your proteins, Pumpkin Chai Bread, or this featured one… Pumpkin Chili!
 
I can guess what you’re thinking… – really, Pumpkin Chili! Yes, that’s right! I know it’s not my regular Slow Cooker Chili or my Turkey Chili Tex-Mex Style but trust me, this unconventional recipe is absolutely fabulous! The combination of ingredients makes this dish so tasty and perfect to enjoy this season. It’s also another delicious way to enjoy this squash!
 
In the making of this recipe, I use ground beef as well as my Hot Italian Sausage along with fresh ingredients and seasonings. Of course it wouldn’t be a chili without some red kidney and black beans but the star of this dish is certainly the pumpkin purée…
 
My preferred brand is Libby’s… I love it and no, I don’t get paid for saying that. I use a 29-ounce can “minus” ¼ cup. The reason why I keep 4 tablespoons on the side is so I can make my famous homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer which is coming up in a couple of weeks so stay tuned.
 
In the video, I don’t add any salt because most cans of food out there have sodium in it as a preservative. David and I are very conscious about our sodium intake and I try to keep it as minimal as possible. On the other hand, if you like your salt, you might want to add some. That’s why it’s important to always taste and adjust if necessary.
 
If you’re like me and enjoy this particular winter squash then you should definitely try this Pumpkin Chili! Tasty and flavorful, this one-pot meal is exactly what you need this month. It’s certainly a great comfort food to add to your folder. Garnished with sour cream, sharp Cheddar cheese, cilantro, and green onions and served with tortilla chips or bread along with a few lime wedges, I’m sure this can become your go-to chili during the fall season…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great comfort food recipes for this fall…
– Creole Couscous with Andouille & Shrimp
– Cashew Chicken
– Cauliflower Fried Rice
– Lamb Keema
– Country Boil
– Coffee Beef Stew
– Paella de Marisco
and for even more one-pot meal recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • One Pot Meals


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/pumpkin-chili/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Pumpkin Chili



 

No comments:

Post a Comment