Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cranberry Cream Cheese Crisp

I’ve been collecting recipes forever and something that was way overdue was me going through my recipe “shoe box”. Some were written on napkins, others were hand written on paper that people had given me, but they all have one thing in common, they were more than 20 years old, I could tell just by the yellowish color of the napkins/papers.

One of the recipes I found was one with leftover cranberry sauce. Initially it was cream cheese in a Graham cracker pie crust with cranberry sauce on top and an oats mixture to cover it all. Although this recipe looked pretty awesome, I just couldn’t wrap my mind around the graham cracker crust. Why I asked – there’s too many different things going on.

So I’ve decided to make a nice oat mixture with nuts and my secret little touch then proceed with the rest of the ingredients, finishing with the same oat mixture and layer in between with cream cheese & cranberry sauce. Now this dessert looked much more balanced.

Till this day I have no clue where this recipe came from but with a few alterations, now I can call this sweet creation mine. It is sweet but still has a subtle tartness to it from the cranberries. If you make your cranberry sauce very sweet, you might not have any tartness in this dessert.

After trying it, this will give you a reason to make much more cranberry sauce and use your leftovers for this fabulous dessert. If you are looking for a nice subtle homemade cranberry sauce, last month for Canadian Thanksgiving, I posted my Citrus Cranberry Sauce (http://clubfoody.com/recipe/citrus-cranberry-sauce/ ) with a twist. It goes great in this recipe.
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/cranberry-cream-cheese-crisp/

No comments:

Post a Comment