Thursday, November 3, 2016

Basil Lemon Butter

When using fresh herbs, the enhancement of flavors is absolutely lovely! Each year David and I grow fresh herbs on our patio. One of the herbs that are a must to grow each year on the patio is basil. It is such a beautiful aromatic herb and it is used worldwide in many cuisines. I like cooking with it and when the end of the season comes, I make a few dishes/recipes that I freeze so I can use it up later.

The most popular use for it is pesto but there are other ways to use this herb. Each year I make my Basil Lemon Butter and freeze it for other recipes. It is an amazing way to enrich a dish and the flavor is fabulous! It tastes just like freshly made even after a few months in the freezer. I use this butter for poultry, sauces and so on as well as on its own with fresh baked bread. This recipe is extremely quick to make and you can enjoy savory basil butter all year round.
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/basil-lemon-butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment