Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cheddar Biscuits Recipe • A Great Southern USA Staple! | Club Foody

Today is Mardi Gras and the recipe I'm about to share with you is a popular staple in the southern United States... biscuits but not just any kind... Cheddar Biscuits


I'm sure you're been to the famous seafood restaurant chain called Red Lobster. It was one of my favorite "chain restaurants" back in the late 80s'. As soon as you sat at the table, they would bring you a basket of warm biscuits. Oh my! I loved them! I'm not sure if my taste buds changed or the quality of the food did but I eventually stopped going there.

 
During the Holidays, I decided to make Southern Gravy for breakfast. As much as it is absolutely delicious, this breakfast is quite heavy and we only have it twice a year at the most. Anyway, today is not about the gravy but the biscuits. So I baked some delicious warm Cheddar Biscuits to go with our breakfast. OMG! It was so delish!
 
Here’s a great kitchen tips that I share in the video. I freeze my butter and then grate it. It makes it easier to incorporate in the dry ingredients and makes the biscuit flakier. To view it, click on this link… Secret for Better Grating Soft Cheeses/Butter.
 
Although they love their biscuits and gravy in the southern part of the United States, these biscuits can be served along with most any main course. They taste amazing plus they are not as heavy as most people think. They are very easy to make and if you enjoyed them at Red Lobster, you will definitely love these. Could I have called them a copycat of theirs? I’m not sure but I know these Cheddar Biscuits taste pretty incredible! It’s up to you to give them a try and make your own judgment.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other tasty bread recipes…
– Indian Naan Bread
– Dinner Rolls
– Popovers
– French Baguettes
– Tomato Rosemary Focaccia
– Mediterranean Olive Bread
and for even more bread recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread
 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/cheddar-biscuits/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment