Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Spicy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe • A Great Holiday Treat! | Club Foody

I love the Holidays and I always will. It brings out the little girl in me. The Holidays are so flamboyant and magical! The houses, stores and restaurants are decorated with beautiful colored lights and Christmas trees. It seems there’s something in the air, some electric energy or perhaps it’s because of all those lights around us… lol!
 
What is great about this time of the year is that I can find more excuses to bake… hey it’s the Holidays, right? I love the aromas of baked food in the oven floating in the house while traditional music is playing in the background. It makes the Holiday experience so enjoyable.
 
Each year, there are so many dishes that I just have to make for the occasion such as Stuffed Buns,Tourtière, Ragout de Pattes de Cochon, Thumbprint Cookies, Snow Balls, Sucre à La Crème – Sugar Pie, etc. These dishes represent my childhood and bring back lovely memories and the same applies to David as we have similar backgrounds. Of course since we’ve been together, I added a few more items to the menu that really represent us as a couple and one of them, believe it or not, is my Spicy Gingerbread Cookies!
 
I made them before when I was much younger but this is not something I had when I was a child. There were other sweets baked instead of these cookies which were equally good but now that David and I have started our own traditions, I like to bake these little guys every year. Last year I started to dress up my Spicy Gingerbread Cookies a little – they were kind of naked – but by no means is my skill perfected, au contraire! Did someone once say that practice makes perfect? I need a lot of practice but I’ll get there eventually!
 
We enjoy these Spicy Gingerbread Cookies! I don’t care if my little guys have one eye bigger than the other. It’s just fun to decorate them with Christmas music playing in the background, me sipping on a nice hot cocoa or some Mulled Cider I made in my slow cooker and having the Christmas lights twinkling all around me…
Merry Christmas!
 
Check out these other yummy recipes…
– Biscotti
– Energy Berry Bites
– Spicy Holiday Chocolate Bark
– Pumpkin & Spice Cream Cheese Muffins
– Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
– Bounty Chocolate Bites
and for even more dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

 

For ingredient amounts and more info, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/spicy-gingerbread-cookies/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment