Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy | Club Foody


There are many dishes that when I look back, I can’t believe that I thought were so fabulous. As we get older, our tastes change and we also evolve in the flavor department… well that’s my case anyway!
 
One of the best examples I can give is Salisbury Steak! Oh my! When I was a child, I loved this dish! It was one of my favorites but not so much when I was in my mid-30s. It was okay but nothing to write home about. It was a “simple” dish to make when you didn’t want to complicate things…
 
Just before I met David, I was going through my old recipes and came across this Salisbury one. I looked at it and it just dawned on me… Why was it called a Salisbury “Steak” when the ingredients are almost identical to a regular “plain Jane” hamburger. Well, this recipe was about to change and get a “flavor boost”!
 
I didn’t reinvent the wheel but I sure brought this dish a notch higher by adding more flavor and spice to it. I also added a quick, flavorful onion-mushroom sauce, elevating this recipe so the meat doesn’t dry out. It’s not super different from the traditional version… just more interesting, that’s all!
 
I like to serve this with my Mixed Mashed Potatoes and a steamed vegetable. As I mentioned, this recipe is not an “OMG” that you want to serve at your next dinner party but it is still an amazing dish to enjoy during weeknights. After all, it’s a comfort food!
 
Bring back your childhood food memories with this Salisbury Steak recipe by adding a grown up taste to it! It’s unpretentious, quick & easy to make and straightforward… The perfect meal to have at home with your slippers on…
Bon Appétit
 
Here are more comfort food recipes for you to try…
 Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole
 Slow Cooker BBQ Sloppy Joes
 Oven Baked Chicken Fingers
 Minestrone Soup
 Old Fashioned Baked Beans with Bacon
 Frankie’s Macaroni Casserole
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/salisbury-steak-with-mushroom-gravy/



Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment