As you probably know, we eat with our eyes first. If the food is nicely displayed plus has nice color, this, subconsciously, might trigger our appetite. I don’t know how many times I was at a restaurant, already decided on what I’d be eating until I saw a waiter delivering plates to another table and then… change my mind!

To enhance colors in food, there are the commercial colorings that we mostly find in the spice/baking aisle of our grocery store. Unfortunately these food-dye blends are hazardous to our health containing certain chemicals that are related to cancer, lymphomas, asthma, allergies, thyroid, brain & bladder tumors, and much more.

The best way to use coloring in food without damaging our health is by using natural ingredients. In this video, I’ll be sharing with you the 4 Natural Food Colorings. I sometimes use in my recipes. Each color doesn’t take too much time to make and the results are pretty close to the commercial ones.

I don’t really use food-dyes in my recipes. When I do, it’s mostly for baking like in my Red Velvet Cake or my Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars. Occasionally I might add one of my 4 natural food colorings in canning.

Although I showed you my 4 Natural Food Colorings, depending on the recipe, I might substitute liqueur instead. A great green coloring to use is Green Crème de Menthe. For blue, I like to use Parfait Amour another liqueur from France. Cherry Brandy is also a great substitute when you need to add red in your food. To intensify the color yellow, there is Galliano that can be used or Limoncello and Banana Liqueur. Of course adding liqueur will definitely change the taste of the food…

Next time you want to enhance your food visually by using dye without compromising your family’s health, make one of these easy 4 Natural Food Colorings.
Bon Appétit!

Check out these great healthy recipes…
– Strawberry Salad
– Mediterranean Fish Filler with Tapenade
– Italian Style Bruschetta
– Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
– Green Beans with Chili-Orange Oil
– Breakfast Quinoa Cereal with Mixed Berries
and for even more healthy recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Healthy

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/4-natural-food-colorings/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube