Thursday, June 13, 2019

Middle East Muhammara • Delicious Pepper Dip! | Club Foody

When you have the culinary curiosity that makes you want to try all the cuisines around the world, it becomes a great flavorful adventure! Since I was little, my curiosity to discover other cultures always enticed me. As I got older and developed a better appreciation for food, my curiosity also grew to learn even more about foreign recipes.
 
We’re probably all familiar with hummus and enjoy its taste, but there’s another kind of dip that David and I really enjoy. From the same region of the world, this one is my Middle East Muhammara! This is such a lovely and flavorful dish.
 
What exactly is muhammara?
 
It’s a dish that can be used as a dip, spread or an accompaniment for kebabs or other grilled meat such as my Lamb Kofta. It’s basically a combination of roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts and other great spices, making this Middle East Muhammara quite delicious…
 
When I mentioned above that it can be used as a spread, I wasn’t kidding! We use it with a chicken or roast beef sandwich. It is not something you’ll find at your local deli but I’m telling you, the flavors are incredible! We also use it on burgers… wow, that’s quite yummy!
 
As unorthodox as this recipe is in our Western culture, the use of this Middle East Muhammara is very versatile. According to David, this is superior to hummus although I disagree as I enjoy either of them. With a mix of sweetness and a slight spiciness from the Aleppo peppers and hot paprika, this is definitely a great recipe to share with your friends…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other Middle East inspired recipes…
– Easy Falafel
– Lamb Kofta with Yogurt Sauce
– Tabbouleh
– Pomegranate Molasses
– Shakshouka
– Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
– Ma’amoul Cookies coming on April 7th, 2022
and for even more dip recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Appetizers

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

No comments:

Post a Comment