Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Chili Oil • A Flavorful Chinese Condiment! | Club Foody

Countries around the world use a variety of different condiments. They either enhance the flavor of a recipe or complement the dish. My pantry and refrigerator are filled with condiments – from ketchup to mustard, mayonnaise, teriyaki sauce, chutney and so on.
 
In the last few years, I’ve posted some of my Asian condiment recipes including my Indonesian Peanut Sauce, Thai Yellow Curry Paste and Gyoza Sauce. Today, I’m sharing another one of them… my Chili Oil! If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, let me explain…
 
If you enjoy Chinese cuisine, you’ve obviously been to a Chinese restaurant several times. Depending on where you went, you probably saw a little bottle on the table next to the soy sauce filled with red pepper flakes and whole hot peppers. This spicy little condiment is Chili Oil…
 
Is it crazy hot? Not for my taste but keep in mind that I do eat some spicy foods. This condiment is hot but not insanely so that you’ll need a fire extinguisher to calm down the fire in your mouth. Again, it all depends on how much “heat” you can handle.
 
I find this condiment quite enjoyable. With the combination of ingredients, this oil has just the right amount of flavor and spiciness. The use of Sichuan peppercorns gives a nice touch to this condiment. I like to use this oil for my Spicy Pork Gyoza recipe. It brings my dumplings to a whole new level of yumminess…
 
As I will be sharing more Asian condiments in the future including my Dabu-dabu Salsa which is so lovely when paired with fish and seafood, this Chili Oil is a great addition to your kitchen condiment collection. It goes well in soups, stir fries, and so on… you just have to give it a try…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are some Asian inspired recipes for you to try…
Dakgangjeong – Sweet & Spicy Crispy Korean Chicken
Chinese 5 Spice Spare Ribs
Matcha Cheesecake
Szechuan Asian Chicken
Vietnamese Summer Rolls
Sweet & Sour Pineapple Pork
and for even more condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Condiments

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment