Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tarte au Sucre - Sugar Pie Recipe • A Québec Favorite! | Club Foody

When we look back at our childhood, we remember certain events, trips, birthdays, favorite toys, our little friends, a favorite piece of cloth, a pet, family members and also food. I can recall when I was coming back home after school and smelling the aroma of food simmering on the stove top or a pie baking in the oven… these are great memories (it’s a cooking website, of course I’ll be talking about food… lol!)
 
Since I was little, there are a couple of pies that I’ve always loved; Lemon Meringue and this featured one… Tarte au Sucre or Sugar Pie in English! I know… both are on the other hand of the spectrum; sour and sweet! I guess I was destined to become a foody at one point in my life.
 
This dessert is incredibly… SWEET! If I could find a comparable dessert, I’d say it resembles a pecan pie… well kind of. They both have similar ingredients and yet, their tastes are different. I think that this Tarte au Sucre is sweeter than the other… really, I’m not kidding!
 
Sugar Pie is quite popular in Québec especially during the Holidays and in March when it’s time to harvest maple syrup. This dessert is uncomplicated. It takes a few minutes to assemble and even faster if you’re using a prepared pie crust like I did in the video. I still prefer making my Foolproof Pie Dough!
 
This Tarte au Sucre • Sugar Pie is a Québec traditional dessert although it’s also popular in Europe and the Midwestern United States. It can be served warm or chilled. My preference is to have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream… now that’s definitely a delicious way to indulge yourself!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these incredible recipes from Québec…
– Creton Maison
– Perfect Poutine with Bacon Gravy
– Tourtière – Meat Pie
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Old Fashioned Baked Beans with Bacon
– Sucre à la Crème – Butter & Cream Fudge
– Salmon Pie
and for even more dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment