Thursday, August 6, 2020

Black & Blue Jam Recipe • Deliciously Different Condiment! | Club Foody

 

Every summer, David and I like to go blackberry picking. We make it fun by having a little competition; who will finish his or her bucket first? I lose all the time and I’m fine with it… I can’t win all the time, lol! I like to make all kinds of recipes like sauces, pies, jams, cold treats, cakes, cobblers, and even drinks like my Blackberry Mojito!

 
When it comes to jams, I have a few that I use this fruit in; Triple Berry, Old Fashioned Blackberry, and this featured one… Black & Blue Jam! Oh my! What a lovely breakfast condiment! The mix of blueberries and blackberries gives an amazing taste to this jam. I enjoy this on my croissants, English muffins, crumpets or toast as well as using it as syrup on my waffles. I mix the jam with a little water or Corn Syrup in a small saucepan and warm it up. Tada! Fresh homemade syrup…
 
This Black & Blue Jam recipe makes about 7 -250ml jars. For those of you who are not too familiar with the canning process, I highly suggest you check out this step-by-step tutorial by simply clicking on the link… How to do Home Canning
 
After adding the pectin to the mixture and boiling it for 5 minutes, this is my little trick to know if my jam is ready. I dip a metal tablespoon in an ice water bowl, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and then dry it off. I scoop up some jam and let it cool off to room temperature. If it sets up that means the jam is ready otherwise if it’s still too liquid, I cook the mixture a little longer. It’s a great little trick but just keep in mind that as the jam cools and sets up in jars, it will get thicker.
 
Another point I would like to highlight is after placing the jars in the boiling water bath, it’s important that the water comes back to a full boil before starting the timer. The process time takes 10 minutes. When time is up, carefully remove the jars from the water and place them on a wire rack to cool. To know if your jars are sealed, the lids will invert, making a “popping” sound. If some don’t, check the How to do Home Canning blog for more info.
 
The combination is simple and yet so delicious! Dark, luscious and flavorful, this Black & Blue Jam is a great breakfast condiment! It’s different from ordinary jams… a great change for your morning meals.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious preserved food recipes…
– Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest
– Citrus Marmalade
– Raspberry Jam coming in 2021
– Homemade Apple Sauce
– Plum Jam coming in 2022
– Triple Berry Jam coming in 2023
and for even more canning recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Canning

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/black-blue-jam/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment