Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Recipe • Copycat with a Crunch! | Club Foody


 I can’t say I’m a chocoholic but I do have my moments. I can go for months without having any and then suddenly, I eat chocolate a few days in a row. No, it has nothing to do with my “woman cycles” because they’re all over the place. I’m going through menopause and can’t wait for this to be over – and so does my husband!

 
Back to the chocolate…
If I have to choose one, I go for dark because of its health benefits. Besides being a great source of antioxidants, it may reduce heart disease, improve brain function as well as blood pressure, lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol). It can also protect the skin from sun damage. I’m sure there are even more benefits related to dark chocolate.
 
Halloween is just around the corner and like previous years, I enjoy posting recipes for the occasion including Grandma’s Crunchie BarsBounty Chocolate BitesDulce de Leche Turtles Chocolates and now this one… Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
 
David and I like these better than the commercial ones. First, they are freshly made instead of sitting on the shelves for god knows how long. Second, I know exactly what went in instead of some chemical ingredients I have a hard time to pronounce and lastly, I put a little twist in these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups which make them taste even better… I used some crunchy peanut butter along with the creamy one! Not only does this added ingredient give a lovely texture to the cups but it also brings a slight crunch to them making them deliciously more interesting as well as gluten-free. After the peanut butter is measured, to make the task easier when transferring it to the saucepan, use this trick… Measuring Honey, Syrup or Molasses without Sticking
 
There’s another ingredient I add to this recipe and it’s coconut oil. It makes the peanut butter mixture creamier and more pourable. I also use powdered sugar. Now if you want to save a few dollars, you can make your own by clicking on this link… Powdered Sugar – Make it, Don’t Buy it!
 
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a great recipe to involve the little ones. They are fun to make plus they are a better version of the ones from the store. Although it’s a good excuse to make them for Halloween, they’re perfect to enjoy anytime throughout the year…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious snack recipes…
– Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
– Energy Berry Bites
– Cranberry Cream Cheese Crisp
– Sesame Snaps
– Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars
– Chocolate Chip Cookies
and for even more chocolate recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Chocoholic

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/reeses-peanut-butter-cups/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment