Thursday, October 22, 2020

Spaghetti alla Carbonara Recipe • A Classic with a Twist! | Club Foody

 


Pasta… yum! I love pasta and I have to restrain myself from not eating it more than once a week. I like it because it’s so versatile. There are different shapes mixed with different type of sauces and seasoned or garnished with many kinds of cheeses, herbs and seasonings.

 
There’s one pasta dish that I had when I was living in Toronto and frankly, I wasn’t impressed. It felt dry in my mouth. The seasoning was there but lacked flavor. As it was my first time trying it, I didn’t want to judge it too soon so the next time I was out dining in an Italian restaurant, I ordered it again. I was still disappointed! It was the same dry boring flavor as the first time. Well never two without three, I gave it another chance. Alas, it was definitely not my favorite…
 
While sharing it with my dear friend Brigitte, I suddenly got the idea of how to make it MY WAY! The first attempt was better but still needed something. A couple of days later, I added another ingredient and VOILÀ! It was perfect, just like I expected it to be the first time I had the dish… I’m talking about Spaghetti alla Carbonara!
 
It’s a classic dish but usually too dry for my liking. There’s pancetta, garlic and egg yolks which are supposed to make it creamy (…not!) and freshly ground black pepper. With a few added ingredients, this classic got a delicious new twist and I can say that now I enjoy Spaghetti alla Carbonara.
 
This is a very quick meal to make. While the pasta is cooking, we start cooking the pancetta. While the meat is slowly getting crispy in the skillet, we make the sauce with my added ingredients. When the spaghetti is drained, we add it to the skillet, pour in the sauce, toss, add some cheese and parsley, toss again and… done! No kidding, it’s that fast!
 
If you enjoy this classic Roman recipe, you should give this version a try. On the other hand, if you felt the same way that I did (too dry), this is an even better reason to make it. This Spaghetti alla Carbonara is subtly creamier with more taste… a delicious combination of flavor that really enhances this dish…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these delicious pasta recipes…
– Zucchini Pork Penne
– Italian Stuffed Pasta Shells
– Frankie’s Macaroni Casserole
– Ultimate 8 Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
– Veggie Orzo Risotto
– Quattro Formaggi Pizza – Four Cheese Pizza
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/spaghetti-alla-carbonara/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment