Thursday, December 17, 2020

Lobster Newberg Recipe • Exquisite & Elegant! | Club Foody


 When I was a child, I was quite curious. Let me tell you a funny story about me being nosy…

Around the age of 7, just before Christmas, my father arrived with a bag and something was moving in it. Right away I thought it could be a kitten or a puppy. When I opened it, I screamed; it was a fresh lobster! My parents had decided that they would have a nice dinner for just the two of them, enjoying this crustacean.
 
Nonetheless, this “scary” experience never affected my love for this seafood. Many times, I’ve ordered Lobster Bisque, surf & turf, Lobster Risotto or Lobster Thermidor. On a more casual note, I’ve had Lobster Rolls, Lobster Mac & Cheese and Lobster Ravioli including Lobster Eggs Benny.
 
In the late 80s’, I went to New York with one of my girlfriends; we were there for a week. We shopped (of course), went to a museum and a few historical monuments, enjoyed the best restaurants in the city and tried a few nightclubs. During our stay, we went to a popular restaurant that has been around for a long time… Delmonico’s
 
Located on Beaver Street, Manhattan in a “flatiron” building, this restaurant is very chic. The interior design reflects the mid-century with a note of nostalgia. Their menu is… spectacular!
 
While we were there, we met a couple of guys who were friends and after shopping all day, we had a date with them at Delmonico’s. We were quite impressed with the restaurant. After ordering different appetizers, for my entrée I chose Lobster Newberg. It was an “OMG” moment.
 
This seafood dish is all about its rich, creamy sauce. Seasoned perfectly along with lobster meat, this is a delectable feast! Unfortunately, I don’t remember how it was served but a few years ago, I created my own version.
 
Let’s go over this dish’s history…
Initially, it was called Lobster à la Wenberg named after Benjamin Wenberg who was a friend of Charles Delmonico, the manager of the restaurant. After a naughty argument, Charles decided to remove it from the menu but many patrons requested the dish. Therefore it came back but this time it was called Lobster à la Newberg which eventually got shortened and was simply called Lobster Newberg.
 
Lobster Newberg is an American classic and absolutely a “must” try! Did the dispute between those two men really happen? Perhaps or perhaps not but one thing is sure, this is a remarkable recipe for you to serve on special occasions or during the Holidays.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great seafood recipes…
– Prawn Saganaki
– Spanish Paella
– Bouillabaisse à la Marseillaise
– Oysters Rockefeller
– Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc
– Seafood Pizza
and for even more seafood recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Seafood & Fish

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/lobster-newberg/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment