Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Oliebollen Recipe • Dutch Beignets... Oly Moly, they're good! | Club Foody


 All around the globe, we have our own “food” traditions during the Holidays. I personally like to make Tourtière, Ragout, Tarte au Sucre ~ Sugar Pie, and many others. Besides the big Christmas feast with family and friends, New Year’s takes the spotlight on its own with countries making certain food items on the last day of the year. Here are a few examples; Glücksschwein (Germany), Soba Noodles (Japan), Kransekage (Norway & Denmark), Hoppin’ John (Southern USA) or Cotechino e Lenticchie (Italy), just to name a few.

 
There’s a delicious sweet tradition from the Netherlands called Oliebollen also known as “dutchies”! They are fried donuts filled with apples, currants and raisins then sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar. They are so good! You can’t stop after having just one oliebol… it’s impossible! You have to keep eating them; they’re so addictive!
 
My mother-in-law used to make them during the Holidays and that is how I heard about them from my husband telling me how good they were. He tried to recreate the recipe by telling me what was in it. After my first try, I was quite happy with the results and so was David.
 
My version of these famous traditional Oliebollen is probably a bit different from the Dutch one. Instead of adding beer in my dough mix, I used Grand Marnier. I put in a mix of apple and raisins and fold it into my dough after it has risen for 1 ½ hours. I go for a second rise and then fry them.
 
This New Year’s Eve, make something traditional to celebrate the event by making these Oliebollen. They are soft, chewy and so tasty; the perfect bite sized treats to serve on the last day of the year…
Bon Appétit & Happy New Year!
 
Here are more delicious snack recipes for you to enjoy…
– Fig Newtons Cookies
– Chocolate Rum Snowballs
– Sesame Snaps
– Chocolate Chip Cookies
– Blood Orange Ice Cream
– Spicy Holiday Chocolate Bark
and for even more snack recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Snacks

For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/oliebollen/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube






No comments:

Post a Comment