Thursday, December 3, 2020

Challah Recipe • A Delicious Jewish Tradition! | Club Foody


 I love bread a lot… actually it’s my biggest weakness! Just the smell of fresh baked bread is enough to trigger my appetite even when I’m not hungry. Somehow though, I’m able to control myself by not baking it too often. When I have people over, I do bake some – the same applies with desserts!

 
Making bread is easy but it’s wiser to progress slowly. I don’t recommend trying to make Sourdough on your first attempt. I worked up my bread making skills by going one step at the time.
 
My first was a quick bread and I made Banana Bread. From there, I ventured on to making Biscuits, NaanPopovers and Focaccias. Gradually, I moved up to BaguettesDinner RollsOlive BreadHamburger & Hot Dog Buns, until I got to this “level”… Challah!
 
This is an incredible recipe to make! The flavor is so delightful! It’s soft, moist, slightly sweet, tender and absolutely delicious! The taste is similar to a Brioche. The difference between the two is Challah is made with oil while the other is made with butter, making it richer.
 
This bread, as you probably know, is typically eaten on most Jewish holidays and celebrations such as Sabbath. The nice texture comes from the double rising and proofing of the dough. With a gorgeous golden crust, there’s no doubt why this moist, eggy bread is served on those occasions.
 
It’s not complicated to achieve this beautiful 6 string-braided bread. The most important thing to do first is to have 6 equal sized pieces and using a kitchen scale is the best way to go. From there, we have to roll them all out to 18-inches long, letting the gluten rest when it starts to retract.
 
Braiding 3-strand dough is quite easy. The same applies with 4 and 5. When it gets to 6, it’s a little bit more difficult at first but after making it a couple of times, it’s actually quite simple. Just remember that every time you move a braid down the middle, another one has to replace it. In the video, I slowly demonstrate how it’s done.
 
I love Challah! It’s a delicious food vessel for sandwiches, pairs very well with many dishes and it’s absolutely perfect for making French Toast! At your next celebration or dinner party, this is the perfect bread to serve to your guests… I’m sure they will be quite impressed with it!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious bread recipes…
– Panettone
– Cheddar Biscuits
– Pineapple Banana Bread with Coconut & Macadamia
– Cheesy Breadsticks
– Christmas Stollen
– Hot Dog Buns
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/challah/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment