Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Quinoa Beet Salad Recipe • Tasty, Colorful & Healthy! | Club Foody


 Here at Club Foody, we start the New Year off on the right foot. The first recipe I love to share with you is a tasty salad. After over-consuming food and alcohol during the Holidays, it’s a healthy way to eat just having a salad for a couple of days. In 2017, I presented you my Julienne Salad and the following year was another beautiful one… my Winter Citrus Salad. A couple years ago was Asian Chicken Salad and in 2020 the Classic Cobb Salad!

 
For 2021, I couldn’t resist posting a favorite of mine… my Quinoa Beet Salad! Served with a lovely orange vinaigrette, this is a flavorful recipe to enjoy anytime. When I make this salad for David and I, we don’t eat anything else, it’s that filling!
 
Beets are so nutritious! They are low in calories and packed with amazing vitamins and minerals! This vegetable fights inflammation, detoxes our body, gives us a boost of energy, etc. It’s a vegetable that should definitely be in our diet more often. In the video, I steam my beets but there’s nothing stopping you from boiling, roasting or baking them. Here’s a great tutorial on different ways to cook them. Click here to find out… Beets ~ Prep & 4 Ways to Cook
 
Another amazing ingredient is the quinoa! This is a “superfood” seed (although we treat it as a grain) that should be in your diet. It’s gluten-free, a rich source of protein, high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. I like to pre-soak it for at least 2 hours or overnight in 4 times more lukewarm water vs the volume of the seeds. It helps to remove the bitterness from its natural coating and also makes it more digestible. After the quinoa is soaked, simply drain, rinse and cook.
 
There’s no doubt that I love cheese! I love it so much that my nickname among my friends is “Minnie Mouse”… that should tell you quite a lot. In this flavorful salad, I add crumbled goat cheese. This added ingredient wraps up the dish so nicely! When it comes to crumbling this kind of cheese, it’s not obvious unless you use my little kitchen trick. To find out about it, click on this link… Secret for Better Grating Soft Cheeses/Butter
 
Although I like to start a new chapter by featuring a salad, throughout the year I still share similar recipes other than my Quinoa Beet Salad such as Classic Pasta SaladMoroccan Couscous SaladTabbouleh, Mixed Tomato Salad, Caesar SaladSalade Lyonnaise ~ Lyonnaise Salad, and so on.
 
There’s nothing better than starting the New Year with some great resolutions. Healthy eating is one of them that most people have on their list. This Quinoa Beet Salad is exactly what you’re looking for; delicious, healthy, colorful and easy to make… a great choice to start 2021 off on the right foot!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other tasty salad recipes…
– Greek Salad
– Strawberry Salad
– Cran-Apricot California Salad
– Hearts of Palm Salad
– Cucumber Salad
– Moroccan Potato Salad coming on August 24th, 2021
and for even more salad recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/quinoa-beet-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment