Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Shepherd's Pie Recipe aka Pâté Chinois • Tasty Comfort Food| Club Foody


 We all have our favorite comfort food dishes. Some might like Burgers while others prefer ChiliPizzaMac & Cheese, and so on. David gravitates between MeatloafFrankie’s MacaroniOrzo with Chicken & Asiago and Southwest Beef Casserole. I’m sure if I ask him, the list would get longer… lol!

 
Mine is the first dish that I made when I moved out from my parents’ place and it’s Shepherd’s Pie! To me, this is my ultimate comfort food. It’s easy to make and so tasty! With a layer of meat mixture, cream style corn and topped with mashed potatoes, this is one of my all-time favorites!
 
Without knowing exactly how this dish was created, there are a few possible speculations. In Québec, we call it “Pâté Chinois” which translates to Chinese Pie. It’s obviously not a Chinese dish but it could have been introduced by the Chinese cooks for the Canadian railway workers in the late 1800’s. It could also be an adaptation of Hachis Parmentier or even Cottage Pie. Perhaps it’s a variation of the famous British dish. Regardless of where this Shepherd’s Pie recipe origin came from, it’s a delicious casserole!
 
For this recipe, I use my Mixed Mashed Potatoes recipe. It’s a combination of russet and sweet potatoes. Using regular mashed is fine but I’m telling you, this one is fabulous and gives such a nice taste to the dish plus it’s so colorful. Click here to get the recipe… Mixed Mashed Potatoes
 
Shepherd’s Pie is on the top my list for comfort foods and it should be on yours as well. I like to serve it with some ketchup on top, Bread & Butter Pickles on the side and a few slices of buttered bread… now that’s a satisfying meal!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious “beef” comfort food recipes…
– Beef Meatloaf
– Frankie’s Macaroni Casserole
– Ultimate Slow Cooker Chili
– Southwest Beef Casserole
– Hamburger Helper Copycat
– Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/shepherds-pie/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment