Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Israeli Salad Recipe • An Israeli Favorite! | Club Foody

 

My diet was way different before I met my husband! I was eating 2 to 3 meals of salad a week, one meal of fish 🐟 as well as pasta 🍝 and chicken 🐓, and then one “serious” cheat day! As many of my girlfriends were forcing themselves to eat salads 🥗, it’s always been delicious to me! As much as I enjoy meat, fish, and seafood, salad makes me feel good plus there are so many recipes to choose from…
 
On the website, I probably have over 3 dozen salad recipes and they just keep coming – I think I probably have another 3 dozen on standby, ready to be posted. There’s Strawberry SaladJulienneWaldorfTabboulehAsian Chicken, and many more as well as this one… Israeli Salad!
 
This is an amazing recipe to have on hand! It’s extremely delicious, quick to make and also inexpensive. The big “plus” of this salad is it’s super healthy 💚! With fresh ingredients, homemade vinaigrette, and some feta cheese, this is a bowl of deliciousness packed with nutrients!
 
I love making homemade vinaigrettes and dressings. It takes 5 minutes ⏳ to have a nice fresh sauce for your salads. There’s an ingredient I use that might surprise some of you and it’s dried mint. Dried versus fresh is actually not the same. Although stronger in taste, dried mint has a sweeter earthy flavor with a hint of eucalyptus that fresh mint doesn’t have. I’m not saying not to use fresh mint but I personally prefer using dried for this Israeli Salad recipe.
 
I also use my homemade Italian Seasoning which is totally not a common ingredient. The reason why I do is because there’s oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and more. I myself think that this is a great “all-purpose” spice blend to use in many dishes.
 
Some cooks like to peel and seed the cucumber 🥒. I prefer not because both contain fiber and minerals. It helps to improve your cholesterol level and prevent heart disease as well as improving digestion and skin plus lowering blood sugar. High in water and nutrients, it helps to hydrate and is good for weight loss.
 
When I entertain, I make it ahead by mixing all the vegetables together and place it in the refrigerator. When I’m ready to serve it, I simply pour the vinaigrette over, toss to coat, add the cheese, and toss once again. This salad is great for that! 😉
 
Versatile and very tasty, this healthy Israeli Salad can be enjoyed as a light meal along with a fresh baguette 🥖 or a lovely side dish for your grilled food, fish, pork, with sandwiches, burger, etc. With all the fresh produce Mother Nature is giving us this summer, this should be your go-to recipe…
Bon Appétit!🍽
 
Here are more tasty & healthy salad recipes for you to try… 🥗💚
– Salade Niçoise
– Moroccan Potato Salad
– Classic Cobb Salad
– Mixed Tomato Salad
– Cucumber Salad
– Classic Cobb Salad
– Asparagus Summer Salad
– Classic Pasta Salad
and for even more salad recipes 🥗, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings


For ingredient amounts, directions, and more info, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/israeli-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Israeli Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment