Thursday, May 4, 2023

Salsa Verde Recipe • Tasty Roasted Mexican Sauce! | Club Foody

 

David and I have a soft spot for Mexico… so much so that we had our “official’ wedding there! We like the people, the weather, it’s culture and history, plus the food! Every time we come back from vacation down there, I have to duplicate another dish or create a recipe inspired from our trip. I have quite a selection to choose from 😉.
 
Tomorrow it’s Cinco de Mayo and like every year, I like to highlight the event by sharing another tasty Mexican recipe with you. This time, I decided to show you my version of Salsa Verde! This condiment is incredibly delicious and also so healthy 💚! With fresh roasted vegetables and seasonings, this versatile recipe is definitely one you have to add to your folder!
 
As I mentioned, it’s very versatile. Just like Pico de Gallo and Fire Roasted Salsa, this one basically goes with everything… well almost! It can be used as a tasty meat topper for your steaks 🥩, pork chops, grilled chicken but also fish 🐟, shrimp🍤, scallops, octopus 🐙, and so on. There are the obvious dishes like tacos 🌮, burritos 🌯, fajitas, tostadasquesadillasenchiladas, Chiles Rellenos, etc. Another way I like using my Salsa Verde is on my eggs in the morning… I’m not kidding you! Instead of hot sauce, I spoon this Mexican green one on. When I make my Chilaquiles, I use this delicious condiment as well. Of course, serving it as a dip when we have people over is always a big hit!
 
It’s an easy recipe. I use our barbecue to char my vegetables 🔥 but if you don’t own one, place them in the oven under the broiler. From there, I place them all in the bowl of a food processor, add some spices along with cilantro leaves and stems, freshly squeezed lime juice, and blend for 30 to 45 seconds. Voilà, it’s done!
 
Did I just say cilantro stems? Yes, and like parsley stems, they’re flavorful and so tender. If you like, you can give them a little chop but the food processor will take care of doing that for you!
 
When everything is nicely mixed, don’t forget to taste and adjust if necessary – I know I’m repeating myself over and over but it’s important to rectify prior to serving it… just like any other recipe! What better way to test your sauce than by dipping a tortilla chip in it… just use some willpower and don’t start eating half of it, lol 😂!
 
To give a chance for the flavor to fully develop, I highly suggest chilling it for at least a couple of hours preferably overnight! The next day, it can be served cold, warm or hot depending on the use of it.
 
Salsa Verde is another great Mexican classic! Packed with deliciousness, this healthy recipe is always so welcome! The beauty of making it from scratch is you can add as many or few hot peppers as you want! This season, enjoy this amazing condiment either as a dip with tortilla chips, a tasty spread, or an ingredient for your recipes…
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Here are several more Mexican inspired recipes for you to enjoy… 😀
– El Diablo Pork Tenderloin
– Sombrero Pizza
– Mini Mexican Tortilla Quiche
– Margarita Cupcakes
– Nacho Cheese Sandwich
– Agua de Jamaica
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
and for even more condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Condiments


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/salsa-verde/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Salsa Verde





No comments:

Post a Comment