Thursday, July 14, 2016

Grilled Marlin Steaks

Ahhh, summer! I wouldn’t have any problem living in a place where the weather is warm all year round. Okay, maybe a place with a fall season – I love when the leaves change color, it’s so pretty! Distracted again…As I said I enjoy warm weather but the only downside of it is that I feel lazy when it comes to cooking. I don’t want to eat something heavy and need it to be easy to prepare.

A protein I enjoy all year round but particularly more during summer time is fish. It is filling and light at the same time. It takes next to no time to cook and can be grilled on the BBQ – no need to heat up your kitchen with the oven on!

There are so many varieties of fish to choose from. I’ve tried so many and so far I love them all but the one I want to talk about today is blue marlin. This fish is so amazingly good! The first time I experienced blue marlin was when we went to Hawai`i where they call it A`u (the Japanese name for it is Kurokajiki or commonly known as Kajiki). Firm texture with mild flavor, blue marlin can be prepared many ways and it is also magnificent for sashimi. It is low in saturated fat & sodium, rich in vitamin B6, B12, niacin, selenium, iodine, magnesium and also a good source of omega-3.

For some of you who don’t like the “fishy” taste of this protein group, blue marlin is your answer. This grilled version will make you want to eat this beautiful fish more often. If you don’t have access to a BBQ, baking is also a very delicious option.
Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/grilled-marlin-steaks/

No comments:

Post a Comment