Thursday, September 15, 2016

German Red Cabbage

I have to admit, I really enjoy creating new recipes and taste experiences. It is also more enjoyable when my partner participates along with my “experimentation”. But what about when the roles are reversed; my partner becomes the creator and I become (let’s face it) the guinea pig. Well that is exactly what happened here.

It all started because David is German and as you know, Germans love their cabbage. Me being the French lady from Québec, dislikes cabbage. You can guess this vegetable wasn’t really a staple in our kitchen until David decided to create this recipe.

The first time he made it, I remember being in the office away from the kitchen and complaining about how smelly it was! Although I was whining, he still brought a spoonful of his new creation over for me to try (perhaps it was his way to make me shut up…lol!). Surprisingly, I loved it! The combination of ingredients turns this plain vegetable into something delicious!

We now eat his amazing German Red Cabbage dish quite often. Each time he cooks it, I try not to complain (still can’t stand the smell when it starts cooking) knowing how wonderful this side dish will be. This is definitely a must try and for those of you who don’t like the smell of cabbage when it’s cooking…I hate to say it but suck it up because you’re about to experience something amazing!
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/german-red-cabbage/

No comments:

Post a Comment