Thursday, September 8, 2016

Bread & Butter Pickles Recipe • Easy Homemade Condiment! | Club Foody

Do you like gardening? If you do, you are among millions of other gardeners around the world. It is probably one of the most popular hobbies of all. I enjoy gardening and so did my parents who had a pretty decent garden. They were growing many different vegetables and at the end of the summer, my mother was pickling and canning what was left in the garden.
 
As a child, one of my favorite condiments was “pickled cucumbers” which I found out later are called Bread & Butter Pickles. My mother was canning the cucumbers in several big jars and way before Christmas, they were all gone. These pickles were on the dinner table every night, so they disappeared quickly and never lasted in our household.
 
After my parents sold their house, I haven’t had them since. A few years ago I started getting into canning/pickling so I decided to give them a try. With very little experience, I made my first batch and I was pleasantly surprised with the results – they were exactly like what I remembered.
 
Just like when I was a child, these Bread & Butter Pickles don’t last in our house. This is a great way to make use of your cucumbers after harvesting. If you don’t have a garden, it is still fun to make your own without the unwanted ingredients in store bought varieties added to preserve them.
 
The process is very simple and after making the healthier homemade version of Bread & Butter Pickles, you won’t need to buy any from the store.
Bon Appétit!
 
For step-by-step instructions on how to do canning, click on this link… How to Do Home Canning
 
Here are more canning recipes for you to enjoy…
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Homemade Apple Sauce
– Pickled Jalapeños
– Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest
– Mango Chutney
– Classic Marinara Sauce
and for even more canning recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Canning

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/bread-butter-pickles/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment