Thursday, September 1, 2016

Caribbean Jerk BBQ Pork Chops Recipe | Club Foody

Living in the East, I traveled to the Caribbean a fair amount. Although pretty close to each other, the islands have their own cultural individuality and this also applies to their foods. I'm not a typical tourist because of my adventurous side. I enjoy stepping outside of the tourist zone to get a better feel for the culture. I like to go where the locals go, shop where they shop and eat at their local restaurants, cafés, bistros and bars.


There’s a dish I went completely nuts about back then while visiting one of the islands (can’t remember which one to save my life). It was so tasty and spicy with a hint of sweetness and packed with “personality”. It was so great I went there 4 times during my stay and ordered the same dish. Years went by and I almost forgot about it until recently. That is when I decided to try making Caribbean Jerk BBQ Pork Chops!

 
I don’t mind pork chops but they definitely need help in the flavor department. A grilled pork chop with a few seasonings is okay but nothing to rave about. So here I was a couple months ago with 4 pork chops staring at me and that is when the light bulb went off. I went to the grocery store, came back, started combining ingredients and blended everything together. It was an “Oh My God” moment, 9 ½ hours later when I took my first bite. It took me right back to that local joint on that Caribbean Island. Somehow I duplicated that amazing dish I enjoyed so much back then.
 
These Caribbean Jerk BBQ Pork Chops are packed with flavor. With a beautiful mix of spices, fresh ingredients and a “hottie” (habanero pepper), this recipe turns your pork chops into superstars! This dish is quite flavorful on its own but to top it off, I also grill a pineapple slice per chop… it wraps up everything so well together!
 
Savor my Caribbean Jerk BBQ Pork Chops with its tasty marinade at your next backyard party and you’ll be hooked like I am. I have to confess… I love eating pork chops now and you’ll see why after trying my recipe.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great grill recipes…
– Blue Cheese Burgers
– BBQ Beef Shish Kebabs
– Rotisserie Chicken
– Creole Shrimp & Andouille Skewers
– Pacific Coast Salmon on the BBQ
– Turkish Kebabs
and for even more pork recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pork


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/caribbean-jerk-bbq-pork-chops/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment