Thursday, March 16, 2017

Beer Battered Fish

Great Britain is a nation with a dense population. Its foods reflect the British culture and its interesting multicultural diversity. Some of what are today British traditional recipes originated and were derived from other cultures. One of the best examples I can think of is “Fish & Chips”.

The fried fish for the popular Fish & Chips of today was initially introduced from the Spanish Jews back in the 17th century. If you are familiar with Spanish cuisine, Pescaíto Frito is a traditional recipe from the southern part of Spain and it means “fried fish”. Somehow this Spanish recipe got a twist to it and became what we know today as Fish & Chips.

This is a dish I like to enjoy once or twice a year but until recently never really made it at home. I had fresh fish and decided to give this British dish a try. It was so easy and the results met my expectations… they were just like the ones from the restaurant I like to visit in White Rock!

I let my batter sit for only 30 minutes. I tried 2 hours as well as 1 hour and frankly it doesn’t really make any difference. You don’t need a fryer to enjoy this recipe although this can make your life easier. With a deep saucepan with canola or vegetable oil, you can now have your Fish & Chips at home anytime you have the craving.
Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/beer-batter-fish/


No comments:

Post a Comment