Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Smoky Buffalo Wing Sauce

People love going to pubs! It’s a casual place to go where beer flows, the atmosphere is energetic as well as enjoying great food at a reasonable cost. One of the most popular pub foods which is also considered finger food is… chicken wings!

It originated in Buffalo, New York right across from Fort Erie, Canada – if you’re not sure where Fort Erie is, it’s just slightly south of the famous Niagara Falls. Apparently in 1964, the owner of Anchor Bar was the initiator of coming up with the idea of frying the wings from the chicken. Back then, this part of the poultry was kept for stock or simply thrown away. When I was living in Toronto, a friend took me to this place and guess what we ate… WINGS!

Since then, these little guys spread their wings – literally… lol! – and became famous not only in North America but also in many countries around the world. Wings are fun because you can choose many different flavors for your sauce. This dish usually comes with celery and carrots sticks and a dipping sauce which can be blue cheese or ranch.

Last year, I posted my Baked Chicken Drumettes (or Wings) recipe (click on this link: http://clubfoody.com/recipe/baked-chicken-drumettes-or-wings/).  I’ve decided to come up with a “healthier” way to eat these celebrities! The results are as excellent as if they were fried. If your guests don’t know they’re from the oven, they won’t see the difference besides having fewer problems with their vascular system (wink). To go along with this recipe, I also shared with you my Hawai`ian-Style Teriyaki Sauce which is awesome (click on this link: http://clubfoody.com/recipe/hawaiian-style-teriyaki-sauce/)! Yeah it’s okay to pat yourself in the back once in a while… lol! To complete this popular dish, I evidently had to post my Zippy Ranch Dressing as a dipping sauce for the wings and the crudités (click on this link: http://clubfoody.com/recipe/zippy-ranch-dressing/)

Now it’s time to share with you another delicious sauce for your wings… my delicious Smoky Buffalo Wing Sauce. This is my take on this famous sauce from the 60s’. It’s spicy but not overly so and if hot is what you’re looking for, add more cayenne or chili powder. I prefer my sauce to have a zip to it but not at the level where I’m sweating and my head is spinning. Anyway, this recipe is a good base and you can always adapt from there to your liking.
Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/smoky-buffalo-wing-sauce/



No comments:

Post a Comment