Friday, March 24, 2017

Indian Butter Chicken Recipe • An Indian Classic! | Club Foody


In one of my previous blogs, I talked about my friend Mario in my early 20s’ when we were experiencing different ethnic cuisines in Montréal. That was when I first encountered Indian cuisine. It was “love at first… bite”. The complexity of spices, herbs and ingredients combined together was something very new and scrumptious to me. Although my experience was beyond expectations, somehow I didn’t have Indian food again for almost 10 years.

 
When I moved to Toronto, a friend of mine who was East Indian took me to a very high end Indian restaurant downtown. As soon as we walked in, the aroma floating in the air took me back to Montréal and the first time I tried Indian cuisine. My first thought was “Why didn’t I come back sooner?” My experience that night was even better than my first time because of my companion’s background. I tried some of his favorite dishes such as Indian Butter Chicken and I was very pleased. I made a promise to myself to return regularly to Indian restaurants.
 
Here in the lower mainland of British Columbia, there are some areas that have a high East Indian population and a lot of East Indian restaurants. Even my local grocery store carries many items from Asia and the Middle East. One day I decided to try and make my own Indian Butter Chicken. With a mix of spices and herbs, my first attempt was a great success!
 
This dish is now on our regular kitchen menu and after you give it a try, I’m sure it will be on yours as well. Indian Butter Chicken is super easy to prepare and make. Served with basmati rice and my Indian Naan Flatbread, this is a delightful meal you’ll enjoy!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other scrumptious chicken recipes…
– Chicken Française
– Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Garlic Sauce
– 3 Cheese Chicken Parmesan
– Chicken Stuffed Crêpes with Poblano Sauce
– El Pollo Cinco de Mayo – Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
– North African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International

  

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/indian-butter-chicken/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment