Thursday, October 19, 2017

Slow Cooker BBQ Sloppy Joes

Here I am sitting in front of my computer and thinking how long it will take me to write my blog because I have to be somewhere else soon. Yep “time” can be an issue in our modern society. Everything… well almost everything is on a timetable and has to be planned; we get up at a specific time just so we won’t be late for work. We have to pick up the kids at a certain time so they don’t miss their scheduled lessons/sports. When we get home, there’s little time left to cook, clean and do other chores around the house. Later on when we finally take the time to relax and watch our favorite program on TV, even that is set on a rigid agenda. I can go on and on about it but I don’t have enough time to do it…

Last month, David and I moved to our new place. We were fortunate to have 4 weeks to do so. Although it wasn’t a race to move out and move in, our time was still limited. We did eat out quite a few times but we were missing our home cooked meals. One recipe I haven’t made for a long time was my Slow Cooker BBQ Sloppy Joes and it was the perfect solution for our lack of time…

After finding it buried in one of those boxes and dusting it off – I don’t understand why I don’t use it more often – the slow cooker was ready to be used. With very little preparation, everything was in it, the timer was on and we went on with our moving. After a long day of cleaning, fixing, hanging, planning, etc., a nice meal was waiting for us.

If you don’t have enough time at the end of the day to cook a nice meal, here’s the perfect recipe for you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I really have to run…
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/slow-cooker-bbq-sloppy-joes/


No comments:

Post a Comment