Thursday, November 23, 2017

Carrot Soup with Mashed Potatoes Recipe • Incredibly Tasty! | Club Foody

After vacationing for 5 weeks in the Palm Springs area, getting back to cold, damp, grey, rainy weather is no fun! It took almost a week for us to get adjusted because we dropped about 30º Celsius (86ºF) in temperature… One type of food that I’ve made a lot upon our return was soup like Chicken Tortilla SoupCream of Mushroom SoupFrench Onion Soup GratinéeSlow Cooker Beef Barley Soup, and others. It is a great way to warm up your body. It is something I like to have around especially during the coldest months of the year!
 
With Thanksgiving and the Holidays around the corner, people tend to entertain more at home therefore getting stuck with lots of leftovers. One of the things we have often sitting in our fridge is mashed potatoes. Of course, they can be reheated but a great thing about leftovers is they can also be re-used in other recipes…
 
Now back to soups!
I have made my Carrot Soup recipe for decades now and it was only last year that I made a big change to the recipe… I added some of my Mixed Mashed Potato leftovers to it. Although I always thought the soup tasted amazingly good, the added ingredient made it even better!
 
Before I switched to using leftovers, I used to add raw russet potatoes cut into small cubes to the carrot soup mixture and then proceed with the recipe. Starch is a big component as it helps thicken the soup. Now by using mashed, it makes things go faster and make it even more flavorful… you should try it!
 
For some of you who are not familiar with my Mixed Mashed Potato recipe, I use 2 kinds of potatoes. If you want to find out more about it, click on this link – Mixed Mashed Potatoes. Let’s keep in mind that I’ve incorporated my mashed potato recipe here therefore if you are using another mashed recipe, your soup will definitely taste different than mine!
 
You can try it with my mashed recipe or stick to yours but whichever one you use, this is a great Carrot Soup recipe to have around. Another ingredient I like to add is heavy cream; just a little… not too much! Using a spoon, I gently stir it in the soup. It’s visually cute and adds that subtle “touch” to it. I usually place a small sprig of parsley on top but I didn’t feel like going to the supermarket… it was too cold!!!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other soup recipes…
– West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
– Turkey Noodle Soup
– Minestrone Soup
– Udon Noodle Soup
– French Onion Soup Gratinée
– Corn Chowder
and for even more delicious soup and chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups & Chowders

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/carrot-soup-with-mashed-potatoes/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment