Thursday, November 30, 2017

Tuna Melt

I like to look back and see how much I’ve improved in the kitchen through the years. When I just moved out on my own, I cooked very little. My cooking knowledge was frightening! If it would be possible, I would’ve been able to burn water… silly but not too far from the truth… lol! I knew that I had to start somewhere and then eventually with practice (a lot), I would get better… thanks to my positive outlook…

Back then I was “trying” to come up with a lot of canned sardines as well as canned tuna recipes which were not always a success, trust me on that one! Then one day after mixing a few ingredients together that I found in my empty pantry, I thought I just created an amazing recipe until I realized later on that it was the barebones of what is called a “Tuna Melt”. Nonetheless, that recipe gave me enough courage to continue cooking and eventually create my own recipes.

Here are the reasons why I’m sharing this recipe with you today. It has a great combination of ingredients that makes it delicious and it is a very quick meal to put together.. Also this Tuna Melt can be served as a canapé (it means bite-size hors d’oeuvre in French that it's served during an event or a soirée). All you have to do is to make it fancier by spooning the tuna mixture on miniature pieces of bread of your choice and then garnish it with fresh chives… Voilà! Either as a meal or “amuse-gueule”, this recipe is simply tasty and quick to make… all great reasons to keep it in your recipe binder!
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/tuna-melt/


No comments:

Post a Comment