Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mexican Cornbread Recipe • New Tasty Holiday Side! | Club Foody

I love the Holidays! It’s a special time to get together with friends and family under the same roof to enjoy a beautiful meal while sharing stories and laughter.
 
When I moved in with David, I not only left my friends from Toronto behind but also had a bigger distance to travel between my family and I which are from all over the province of Québec. At first I kind of felt lonely but through the years I’ve been here, David and I started our own traditions with new friends… creating “our” new extended family! These wonderful human beings that bring so much joy into our lives are the reasons for celebrating these events!
 
Of course I love to serve them the traditional turkey dinner but I also enjoy bringing new flavors to the table by modifying the menu slightly. Each year there’s always something new and different from the “traditional dinner” as it makes dinner for my guests more interesting. Honestly, who loves monotony? I sure don’t and none of our people do. Life is too short for boring food… lol!
 
Last year I added a totally new food item to the table and oh boy, it was gone so fast! Everyone loved it, even the ones who are not too crazy about “spicy” food – although it’s not really spicy at all…! Now that I have your curiosity hooked, let me reveal the recipe… it’s my Mexican Cornbread!
 
That’s right… cornbread but not just any cornbread… This amazingly simple recipe is far from ordinary! It is super yummy with a slight zip to it – I’m not kidding… it’s not “hot” at all but it has some personality to it if you know what I mean. This Mexican Cornbread is easy to make – most of my recipes are like that – and it’s a delicious change from regular dinner rolls or olive bread. Hey! There is nothing WRONG with both of them… In fact I have a great Dinner Rolls recipe as well as an amazing Mediterranean Olive Bread for you to try. It’s just a fun change for your meal and surprisingly, it goes amazingly well with turkey… no joke!
 
Next time you want to bring some yumminess to your dinner party, this is definitely a recipe to consider. David and I also love to serve it with a large bowl of warm soup… – you know those nights when no one feels like cooking but you still want something good to eat , especially when it’s yucky outside… Yep those are the ones! Anyway, this Mexican Cornbread is a recipe you don’t want to miss. Add it to your “must have” list and watch everyone’s reactions when you put this cornbread on the table…
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
 
Check out these other Holiday recipe ideas…
– Squash à la Canadienne
– Tourtière (Meat Pie)
– Citrus Cranberry Sauce
– Turkey Gravy without Drippings
– Old Fashioned Stuffing with Giblets
– Popovers
and for even more tasty bread recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread

 

For ingredient amounts and many more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/mexican-cornbread/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment