Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Enchilada Sauce Recipe • Quick & Easy Mexican Sauce | Club Foody

When I started cooking as a young lady, I didn’t have any basic sauces in my repertoire but I did have many packet sauces that you just have to add water to. Please don’t crucify me… I just didn’t know how to make any. My mother started sharing a few recipes with me and the first one she gave me was a Béchamel, then a Hollandaise Sauce followed with Homemade Mayonnaise. Eventually I mastered these three recipes…!
 
Back in 1988 when I went to Puerto Vallarta with my boyfriend Carlo (he proposed to me down there…), I tried dishes I never ever had before. There was one I couldn’t get enough of and it was the Enchilada with its lovely sauce. Yummy corn tortillas stuffed with meat and topped with a spicy tomato sauce along with a tall Margarita. It was only later on in my life when I went back to Mexico City that I finally got a real taste of the sauce and its ingredients.
 
In an earlier blog (Homemade Lemonade), I mentioned about doing business in Mexico and therefore staying there for an extended time. Although it wasn’t a YWCA, I stayed in a lady’s hostel for weeks and the “madre” of that establishment was in charge of looking after us. She is the one who taught me this video recipe… Enchilada Sauce! When I came back home, I made that sauce quite often because it was so easy and yet so tasty!
 
It is a very quick sauce recipe to make and the results are incredibly delicious! Although most will use the Enchilada Sauce in the classic Enchilada dish, this sauce can also be added to casseroles, Mac and Cheese, lasagna, soups, burritos and so on. This is the kind of sauce you can try as a beginner and you won’t feel overwhelmed by the technique. After you give this sauce a try, you will definitely not go back to any store-bought ones… it is exceptionally flavorful!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other sauce recipes…
– Citrus Cranberry Sauce
– Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
– Tartar Sauce
– Iguana’s Mushroom Sauce
– Classic Marinara Sauce
– Triple Chili Wing Sauce
and for even more sauce and marinade recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Sauces & Marinades

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/enchilada-sauce/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment