Thursday, January 11, 2018

Indian Masala Chai Recipe • Homemade Indian Spiced Tea | Club Foody

As a friend, we should always be supportive and encourage each others dreams although we might not always agree about the choices... I call that respect! 

 
One of my friends Joanne from Dundas, Ontario decided years ago to start a tea shop. The concept was amazing! She wasn’t only selling loose tea but also anything related to it; tea pots, tea cups, tea containers, tea bags, etc. At the cash register, she also had a wide selection of chocolates… yummy!
 
As a friend, I bought whatever I could because I wanted to support and encourage her in her business venture. I bought so many different varieties of loose teas; from oolong to rooibos and everything in between. One day, she had me try a popular tea from India and Pakistan. Oh my! It was incredibly amazing and I loved it! The one I’m talking about here is Indian Masala Chai! This aromatic tea is fabulously flavorful! Brewed with black tea and spices, this is a beverage that is seriously awesome! Just some quick info – masala means “mixture of spices” and chai means “tea”. 
 
When I moved to British Columbia, I went to a couple of tea shops in Vancouver and bought some but unfortunately they were not as strong and spicy as Joanne’s. One day I decided to make my own. Just from the taste of it, I kind of knew which spices were in it and since then I’ve being enjoying my own homemade masala tea whenever I feel like having some!
 
I love to sip my Indian Masala Chai on a cold afternoon! When it comes to the ingredient amounts, I’ve given you “the smoother” version of it. I personally prefer a much stronger flavor using more peppercorns. Like any recipe you come across, the amounts are just guidelines and you can always adjust them to your liking.
 
Depending on how I feel, I either make it with half water and half milk or go for a richer flavor using strictly milk. It is such a tasty Indian masala chai to enjoy by the fireplace with a book and your favorite music playing in the background. Take out your spice grinder and try this delicious chai!
Cheers!
 
Check out these lovely beverage recipes…
– Red Velvet Boost
– Homemade Lemonade
– Tahini Mango Peanut Butter Smoothie
– Orange Julius Copycat
– Cantaloupe Smoothie
– Palm Springs Date Shake
and for even more beverage and cocktail recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Beverages

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/indian-masala-chai/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment