Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Butterscotch Pudding

Ever since I was a child, I always preferred caramel or butterscotch over chocolate. WHAT? Yep, that’s right! Hey don’t get me wrong, I enjoy chocolate very much but I get weak when there’s butterscotch or caramel around. I can go through a whole bag of butterscotch candy in no time and when I make my Salted Caramel Sauce , I find all kinds of excuses to scoop some from the jar.

The difference between butterscotch and caramel is not too far apart. Butterscotch is made with brown sugar while caramel is made with granulated sugar plus butter and milk or cream for both.
Although pretty similar, their tastes are distinctly different.

I have many recipes that use both butterscotch and caramel but today there’s only one… Butterscotch Pudding! OMG! The taste of this dessert is insane… It is so simple to make and yet incredibly flavorful! Using just a handful of ingredients, this is a recipe that everyone will enjoy.

There’s a key ingredient that elevates this dessert that you just CANNOT substitute and it is vanilla bean! I don’t care if you have to order them on line or fly to Madagascar (okay maybe a little too extreme)) but there’s nothing to replace it. You can always use vanilla paste but it’s not the same and definitely the pure vanilla extract can be substitute but… it’s okay. It is pricier but it will make your pudding “sublime”. Also let’s not forget about the butterscotch chips… do yourself a favor and buy a very good quality brand – I use Guittard®.

When you have a dinner party at home and are not too sure what to serve for dessert, this is a tasty one to make. Just keep in mind that the pudding needs to sit about 4 hours in the refrigerator to set up. Other than that, it takes only 10 minutes or less to make… c’mon how much easier could something so delicious be?
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/butterscotch-pudding/


No comments:

Post a Comment