Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Ultimate 8 Cheese Vegetable Lasagna Recipe | Club Foody

Years ago, when I was visiting my mother for a week, I would take her out for dinner often but we also enjoyed cooking together. The odd time – you know “once in a blue moon” – we ate something already prepared but as I said, rarely! Well on this trip, we had a frozen dinner…
 
Back then, she owned a couple of hair salons and was quite busy running them both. One day she called me from work to let me know she was too tired to let me take her to a restaurant that evening. She just wanted to take a bath, put her comfy clothes on and chill out at home. I understood and then she asked me to take a Vegetable Lasagna out from the freezer and pop it in the oven. It was prepared food… yuck!
 
I insisted we go out for dinner instead but she was firm on her decision. Till this day, I’m totally not a fan of prepared food. Anyway, I made a fresh garden salad along with a homemade Italian Vinaigrette – at least something healthy – and by the time she got home, bathed, changed and sat down, dinner (from the box) was ready. It was a shocking surprise when I took my first bite… It was actually quite good although slightly too salty for my liking. When I returned home after my week with my mother, believe it or not, I actually went to the supermarket and bought the same frozen lasagna. Being single at the time it was convenient for me to enjoy lasagna once in a while although I probably only had it once every two years…
 
It is only when David and I moved in together that I decided to make my Ultimate 8 Cheese Vegetable Lasagna instead of buying it. It is always more fun to cook for 2 or more than for one person especially when it comes to lasagna. Also by making my own, I was in control of the sodium level and the spiciness of the dish plus buying fresh produce that I personally picked…
 
This Ultimate 8-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna is sooooo delicious! It is a simple dish packed with yumminess! Although pretty easy to make, be aware that it takes time to put together. This is a recipe that you want to start prepping in mid-afternoon so it is ready for dinner time. Is it worth it? Absolutely! Play your favorite music and enjoy a cup of joe while making it. This is the kind of dish that you’ll want in your repertoire especially if you have some picky eaters at home who don’t like veggies… they will love it! I also have another delicious lasagna recipe you might want to check out… Meat Lasagna
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other pasta recipes…
– Zucchini Pork Penne
– Potato Gnocchi
– Frankie’s Macaroni Casserole
– Fettuccine alle Vongole – Clam Fettuccine
– Singapore Noodles
– Lady Athena’s Rockin’ Crab Shell Pasta
and for even more pasta and pizza recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pasta & Pizza

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/ultimate-8-cheese-vegetable-lasagna/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


 

No comments:

Post a Comment