Thursday, March 15, 2018

Chocolate Grasshopper Martini

If your favorite color is green, you’ll be quite happy this coming weekend because of this worldwide event… St Patrick’s Day! Green signs, ribbons and other decorations will be showcased in most big cities, plus people will be wearing green hats, green clothes, and other green accessories. Not only will they wear something green but they may also consume green food or drinks as well.

A friend of mine from Toronto, Brent whose Irish descendant told me that on St Patrick’s Day he likes to drink green beer! Let’s stop right now… I’m not a beer person to begin with let alone green beer! Alright, occasionally, especially on a hot summer day, I might have a beer but I mix it with Clamato juice which is called a “red-eye”. For those of you who are not sure what that juice is all about, it’s basically similar to tomato juice but not as thick and far less tomatoey with a hint of clam flavor and some added spices. As much as a Bloody Mary (vodka & tomato juice) is very popular in the USA, a Bloody Caesar (vodka & clamato juice) is our superstar here in Canada. Okay, enough with red and let’s go back to green… All right so now that I established that green beer is not my thing, it might not be yours either but we still want to sip a green drink on Saint Patty’s Day.

I always enjoyed a Grasshopper cocktail here and there but find it a little too rich for my liking. So what I’ve decided to do is to turn it into a martini – now we’re talking! By adding vodka to this mix, it helps to cut down the creaminess from the heavy cream used in the Grasshopper. What I like about my Chocolate Grasshopper Martini is a cocktail I can serve as a digestif after a meal as well as just casually. It’s optional but sprinkling some shaved dark chocolate on top of a small dollop of whipped cream makes this drink even more delicious. It’s like savoring a chocolate mint candy in its liquid form with a grown up twist… yummy!

This is definitely a drink I won’t have a problem having on St Patrick’s Day!
Cheers!

P.S. Please drink responsibly otherwise you just might turn into a leprechaun!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/chocolate-grasshopper-martini/


No comments:

Post a Comment