Thursday, March 1, 2018

North African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses

Chicken is such a popular meat worldwide. The most common parts from the chicken are breasts, and then drumsticks followed by wings/drumettes. Often the thighs are overlooked and they shouldn’t be… Thighs with bone-in and skin on are very tasty and when cooked slowly, they release so much flavor! They are also absolutely amazing on the “barbie”… yep BBQ season is coming soon…

A couple of years ago I bought a Tagine on Amazon but not by choice… I just couldn’t wait any longer. My perfect Tagine purchase would’ve been while visiting Morocco so there’d be a story behind it. The only sentimental value, and not really a positive one, I had from it was when I got my VISA statement bill the following month! Anyway being impatient, I conveniently bought it on that site because I wanted to cook so many recipes I created in this particular cooking vessel.

One thing about Tagines is it can hold so much and I found out pretty fast. I had friends coming over for dinner and after thinking about this particular recipe, a Tagine was the way to go… well that’s what I thought. After I started cooking my new creation, I ran out of space. David and I quickly transferred the ingredients into a wider skillet… Phew! The recipe still came out quite scrumptious. Why I wanted to use a Tagine at first is because I wanted to give a truly North African culinary experience to my guests…

All right I went on and on about cooking vessels which really is not what I wanted to talk about. Tagine or not, this North African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses is an awesome recipe! The different flavors combined together give this dish quite a unique taste. As I mentioned at the beginning, the chicken thighs give a delicious layer to this dish. A few months ago, I posted how to make Pomegranate Molasses and this chicken thigh recipe is another yummy way to use this extraordinary condiment. The mix of ingredients combines so beautifully, making this exotic dish a must try. Just keep in mind that using a Tagine is awesome but it can hold only so much…
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment