Thursday, March 29, 2018

Scalloped Potatoes Recipe - Easy, cheesy and delicious | Club Foody

Unless it was pasta, I really can’t remember a dinner that my mother didn’t serve potatoes as a side dish – all right the odd time like “once in a blue moon” kind of thing. My father has always been a “meat & potato” type of guy. Although I enjoy potatoes, I could easily reduce the servings down to twice a month… I’m still like that! Ironically enough David is like my father… okay perhaps not as excessive as my dad. Anyway, when we have two servings of potatoes as a side dish a week, I make sure that I serve something else. When I was living by myself, many months in a row I didn’t have any potatoes at all… I’m a big salad eater!

I guess a potato side dish is easy for most home cooks to serve along with a dish. The various ways to cook and serve potatoes gives many great choices as a meal accompaniment. From mashed, boiled, roasted to fried, there are so many recipes with potatoes as an ingredient to choose from and you are definitely at the right place, here at Club Foody! What? Of course I’m self-promoting my website… lol!

All joking aside, there’s a recipe that I really like serving to my guests because I find it quite tasty. I’m talking about my Scalloped Potatoes here! The creamy texture of this potato recipe with a nice hint of spices accompanies any dish elegantly. Yes it’s potatoes but an elevated version of it. I like to serve this with Duck à l’Orange which I’ll be posting to my recipes soon, Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham, chicken and many more dishes. An uncomplicated recipe, this is a side dish you really want to keep and you’ll understand more after you make it…
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/scalloped-potatoes/


No comments:

Post a Comment