Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Sardine Cups

When I’m hosting a dinner, I’m pretty meticulous about my menu. I want to make sure that from start to finish, everything goes together well. The same applies with my wine selection and my digestifs (cocktail after a meal). Although I love to serve an appetizer, I realized that often my guests were too full to enjoy the whole experience all the way to dessert after eating an “appy” plus the main course – I guess as we age, we tend to eat less! This is when I decided to cut down on what I’m serving prior to dinner, of course it always depends on your main course…

I started creating many different bite-size hors d’oeuvres because it’s so convenient! When there’s a large group of people over at your place, bringing out little “bouchés” is always fun as well as replacing that “formal appetizer” dish before dinner. With Easter and summer around the corner, there will be many gatherings, backyard parties, big family dinners, receptions and so on… I really think that this is a delicious way to go without stuffing people to the gills before the main course.

In this video, I’m going way out there… I’m sharing a sardine creation with you! Oh boy! If you are like David, just move on to the next recipe… forget about this one! Otherwise if you are like me then stick around…

I realize that sardines can be extremely “fishy” even the ones from the cans but I simply love them! My parents were eating them and as a child I was fine with sardines. I always enjoyed them without knowing that they are actually super healthy! These little guys surprisingly are one of the highest sources of omega-3s plus vitamins and minerals. They reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol levels, have a high level of calcium and vitamin D and so on… What I like about them is they can be a great addition to so many dishes such as sandwiches, soup, salads and for today, appetizers.

Every time I mention “sardines” to David, his reaction is “eww” and then “cough, cough, cough” to finalize with him saying “kitty breath” with a lisp to it like Sylvester the cat. Yeah, yeah… funny man! Jokes aside though, not everyone likes sardines so a word of advice, please ask before serving…
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/sardine-cups/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment