Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe - Easy Delicious Condiment | Club Foody

There are so many great sauces out there… Most of them are easy but others can be slightly more challenging and Homemade Mayonnaise is one of them. With a little practice and when it’s mastered, this sauce is so incredible, you’ll never buy from the store…

My grandmother on my mother’s side was an excellent cook. She went to a private school where the nuns were the teachers. Yes she went to a Catholic school. She learned everything that any high society young lady should know; cooking, sewing, decorating, playing piano (she was amazing!), singing, nursing, accounting, and so on as well as being a great hostess with all the proper etiquette…

She made mostly everything “homemade” and it tasted so delicious! I remember as a kid when visiting her that she made the best sandwiches ever. How hard is it to make a sandwich? Of course, it’s not hard and I’m not basing her culinary skill on two pieces of bread with ingredients placed in between but there was something in hers that tasted better than my mom’s. It was only much later in life that I finally got it… There wasn’t anything missing in the sandwich making, it was just the difference in taste; one was a commercial ingredient while my grandmother’s was homemade!

If you’ve never made or tasted Homemade Mayonnaise before then you are missing out on great flavor. It is actually quite simple to make and the results are definitely superior to what you buy at the store although it’s not too shabby! This homemade condiment will make a huge difference in any dish you use it in.

Last month I shared with you my Sardine Cups recipe and I do use this Homemade Mayonnaise recipe… Wow what a difference in flavor let me tell you! Also till this day, I prefer making my own mayo when I have a sandwich because I want it to taste very good like my grandmother’s. Hey who said that sandwiches are underrated when there’s real homemade mayo in them?
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/homemade-mayonnaise/


No comments:

Post a Comment