Thursday, April 5, 2018

Pickled Jalapeño Recipes - Homemade preserved food | Club Foody

When you go to any supermarket, there’s an aisle packed with pickled condiments. There’s a wide selection of pickled cornichons, mixed vegetables, beets, onions, jalapeño peppers, mushrooms, hot peppers and so on… Do I buy any? Nope! Do you want to know why?
 
The food manufacturers add aluminum to pickled foods, a little too much for my liking. Aluminum sulfate or potassium aluminum sulfate helps to add that crispness and firmness to pickles. Technically, ingesting a little is not harmful as our soil and water already contain aluminum. The problem is when consuming food with additive aluminum phosphate for an extended time or being exposed to high levels of it. I won’t go into detail but the repercussions can be quite serious to people’s health…
 
I always loved pickled foods because my mother was making her own from our garden. I slowly started making homemade pickles and when I realized how easy it was, I never looked back. Only years later that I found out about aluminum sulfate and the health damage that can occur over time – that alone was good enough for me to continue making my own… Now aluminum is not in all pickled foods but why take the chance. When it comes to canning, once you start, it can become very addictive!
 
As you probably realize, I like making Mexican recipes and although it’s not necessarily a Hispanic recipe, I still like to spice things up a little! One pickled condiment I use often is Pickled Jalapeños! They give such a nice “zippy” flavor to your dish. It’s “hot” but not overly. I have so many recipes that I use these little guys in. Check below for the list of recipes…
 
Now making Pickled Jalapeños at home is so easy and also more economical than buying the jar at the store! Yes I know… you have to invest in mason jars, lids and canning tools but after you buy all this, you open up a whole new world of culinary adventure by preserving foods. It’s a smart way to enjoy your favorite produce all year round. To learn how to do canning at home, click on this link… How to Do Home Canning
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these recipes that I use Pickled Jalapeños in…
– Chicken Ham Sausage Jambalaya
– Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Dip
– Jalapeño Cheese Bagels
– Mexican Burgers
 
and here are more canning recipes for you to enjoy…
– Bread & Butter Pickles
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Homemade Apple Sauce
– Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/pickled-jalapeno/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment