Thursday, April 19, 2018

Seafood Pizza Recipe • The Ultimate Pie! | Club Foody

For those of you who have been following me for awhile, you know I have a weakness for pastas, seafood and delicious sauces. Let me correct that… my weakness list might be longer. Burgers, pastries, salads… All right, I admit it… food is my weakness! Let’s try that again…

For those of you who have been following me for awhile, you know that FOOD is my weakness! Better…!

Years ago when I was still living in Montréal, there was an Italian chain restaurant that I quite enjoyed. The name of the place was Pacini which is still around after so many years. The concept was fun and different!

There was a Bread Toasting area where patrons had choices between different kinds of bread and a few different selections of butter. In the middle of that particular area was a grill to toast the chosen buttered bread and metal tongs provided to flip them over when one side was grilled. It was awesome!

Besides that cool toast concept, I really liked their individual pizza. I think they were one of the pioneers that began serving singular pies. The one I always ordered was the Seafood Pizza! Oh my, oh my! It was so good!

I haven’t been back to Pacini since the 90s’. A few years ago though while my mother and I were on the phone talking about restaurants we used to go, Pacini was brought up. I suddenly remembered my favorite pizza. When I hung up the phone, I knew that one day I would have to make a similar one.

That day has finally come and here’s my Seafood Pizza recipe!

The combination of prawns, scallops and crab meat in a beautiful Mornay Sauce gives this pasta dish a unique taste. My pie differs from theirs – I make mine on a thinner crust versus their deep dish pizza… too much dough! There weren’t any scallops in Pacini’s version. C’mon, a seafood pizza needs some scallops on it!

If you are a seafood lover then there’s no doubt you’ll love this pizza! It has the right amount of seafood in it – you won’t feel like you won the lottery when you find some – and enough cheese on it to not overpower the delicate flavors from the proteins. Overall the best way I can describe this amazing pizza is you just have to try it… you’ll be so happy you did.
Bon Appétit!
 

Tips & Tricks

It’s a labor intense recipe but if you decide to make everything from scratch like in the video, here are a couple tips you should keep in mind…


 – When pouring warm water for the yeast, do not exceed 105ºF otherwise if it’s too hot, the yeast will get kill
– When you roll your dough to the desired size, if it starts to shrink back, leave it alone and let it rest for a few minutes. The best flour to use is 00.
– If the Mornay Sauce is not use right away, place a wax paper on top, making sure it touches the sauce to prevent skin formation (it applies to almost every sauces)
– As I always mention, recipes are based on your liking so if you cannot stand scallops for an example, use something else that YOU like!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/seafood-pizza/


No comments:

Post a Comment