Thursday, April 26, 2018

Chocolate Éclairs Recipe • Delightful French Pastries | Club Foody

French Pastries… Oui s’il vous plaît!


My mother did quite a bit of baking when I was younger. She made many desserts from scratch. The odd time, she bought “prepared mixes” from the store. I liked the Chocolate Cake from Duncan Hines until I was old enough to make my own chocolate cake. She made some pastries and lucky for me, some were my all-time favorites… Chocolate ÉclairsMille-Feuille and Cream Puffs!
 
When it came to other pastries, my mother was buying them directly from the pastry chefs at the boulangerie/bakery. I asked her once why she never attempted to make other pastries at home besides the Chocolate Éclairs, Mille-Feuille and Cream Puffs and her answer was – “They are too challenging!” – and I’m sure they can be…
 
Baking cakes, cookies, muffins and so on is one thing but when it comes to pastry, it’s a totally different story. It seems more complicated and more technical! To me, making pastries is like chemistry – a little too much or too little and you’re looking at a disaster. I’ve been baking pastries for a while now and it’s not always obvious at first. A few that are not complicated to make in my (pastry) book are Chocolate Éclairs, Cream Puffs, Mille-Feuille and Profiteroles.
 
Today I will show you how I make my Chocolate Éclairs. It is an easy and incredibly delicious French pastry recipe! After making Pâte à Choux, the rest is quite easy to achieve. Filled with a beautiful custard (crème pâtissière) and dipped in chocolate, these oblong pastries are sinfully delicious!
 
When you are having people over for dinner, how cool is it to say that these éclairs are “homemade”… right? The only technique that I can suggest to you is to relax and take your time because quite frankly, this is not complicated at all. So go ahead and try these yummy éclairs…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more dessert recipes you must try…
– Pumpkin & Spice Cream Cheese Muffins
– Bumbleberry Pie
– Tiramisu
– Chocolate Lava Cake with Caramel
– Maple Walnut Ice Cream
– Butterscotch Pudding
and for even more, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert
 
P.S. If you decide to change the chocolate icing to caramel icing instead, they are called Bâton de Jacob in French…


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/chocolate-eclairs/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment