Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Creamed Spinach Recipe • Steakhouse Style | Club Foody

People giggle when I say there’s 5 seasons in a year… As you know, there’s spring, summer, fall and winter but when the May 2-4 holiday weekend (Victoria Day) is finally here, my fifth season officially starts… BBQ season!
 
From May to October, I’d say it’s safe to grill outdoors without having to carry a tray of seasoned food to the BBQ along with a shovel. Yes I realize that some years it might be the case but generally, we’re good!
 
I love a great steak on the BBQ. One of my favorite cuts is a T-bone. That beautiful filet just melts in my mouth… yum! The other one is filet mignon but I reserve this cut for special occasions. More than likely, that’s the one I order when I go to a steakhouse.
 
Besides having my protein, I enjoy a salad and a nice side dish to complete my meal. There’s one steakhouse classic side that I’ve ordered a few times but only a handful of restaurants made it really good! The one I’m talking about here is Creamed Spinach.
 
Creamed Spinach is extremely delicious with a steak but I find that most places make it pretty bland. They’re just using butter, flour, milk and barely any seasonings… that’s all. Lucky for me, there are a few steakhouses I’ve been to that made Creamed Spinach… and it was scrumptious! They were adding a lot more to it…
 
I made this side dish a few times without adding anything extra to it until I asked myself – “Why not?”
 
Here’s the thing about cooking… it’s all about creating and making a recipe to your liking. When people tell me that they’ve never heard of a specific dish with this or that ingredient, I respond – “ here’s one!”
 
You have to open your mind when it comes to cooking. Just like singing or painting, cooking is an art form. It’s a way to express your creativity by combining ingredients, mixing, cooking, seasoning, and finally savoring it…
 
I put a twist on my Creamed Spinach Steakhouse Style and believe me it is far from being bland. There are just enough added ingredients to make it… deliciously interesting! This is a pretty quick recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to cook all together… okay plus 5 minutes to prep (if you are quick with your knife skills). This is a lovely recipe to have when you want a quick, tasty side dish… Happy BBQ season!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other amazing side dish recipes…
– Vegetable Medley
– Green Beans with Chili-Orange Oil
– Twice Baked Potatoes
– Tomates à la Provençale – Tomatoes Provençal
– Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
– Smoky Bacon Creamed Corn
and for even more side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Side Dish & Vegetables


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/creamed-spinach-steakhouse-style/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment