Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Pulled Pork Enchiladas - A Great Mexican Dish!

Have you ever had Enchiladas?

It’s a beautiful Mexican dish made with corn tortillas, stuffed with meat and covered with a tomato-chili sauce… yummy!

The first time I ever had Enchiladas was when I went to Puerto Vallarta back in 1987 with my boyfriend Carlos who proposed to me while we were vacationing down there. It was my first time in this amazing country and I ate anything that I wasn’t familiar with. I don’t remember having one dish that I didn’t like although some of them were quite “hot”. Back then, my palate wasn’t used to spicy food and many times I had to reach for either crema or milk… water doesn’t really do anything.

During my time down there, I had a great culinary experience and this is when it all began. I wanted to start making Mexican food at home. My “now fiancé” was Italian and he loved experimenting in the kitchen. The idea of us trying to make those incredible Hispanic dishes really appealed to him.

As soon as we returned home, we started looking for supermarkets were they carried Mexican ingredients. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find much in that small Ontario city where we were living. This is when Carlos had a great idea to look in the Detroit area and its neighborhoods… we found what we were looking for. Slowly but surely, we started cooking Mexican dishes and experimenting with ingredients and spices.

I love the depth and intensity of Mexican cuisine. The mix of ingredients, spices, herbs, and sauces brings such a beautiful complexity to their dishes. Mexican food is definitely not boring! When I created my Pulled Pork Enchiladas, I really wanted to have layers upon layers of flavors. With my Texas BBQ Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe along with my Enchilada Sauce, this was a great starting point for me to create these Enchiladas.

It’s a fantastic dish to enjoy anytime you crave Mexican food. This easy and yet flavorful Pulled Pork Enchilada recipe will be sure to become a favorite in your house as it is in mine!
Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/pulled-pork-enchilada


No comments:

Post a Comment