Thursday, July 19, 2018

Classic Vichyssoise Recipe • Perfect Chilled Soup for Summer! | Club Foody

When it’s hot outside, eat some soup! No really, I’m serious… I’m not trying to be a smarty pants! Soups are not always served hot. Some of them are made to be served cold like my Classic Vichyssoise!
 
Growing up, we were eating soup every week including the summer time but obviously not as often. I’m not a person who likes routine especially when it comes to food. I like to change things up all the time therefore eating soups every week got to me eventually to the point that I started to dislike them. When I moved out on my own, I didn’t attempt to make soup for years except when it came to “summer soups”.
 
By the end of my first year at University, I went with a friend originally from Madrid to her favorite restaurant and had my first “cold” soup there. It was a Spanish Gazpacho. This was probably the most flavorful soup I ever had. It was so tasty, refreshing and… cold! From that first experience, every time I was out that summer, this is what I was looking for on the menu… a cold soup!
 
I came across a Vichyssoise one day and it was another “wow” moment! By the end of that summer, I made my first attempt on replicating this soup and since then, it has been one of my summer favorites… This is a lovely soup to have during the hot summer months but can be also enjoyed during the rest of the year as well… just heat it up!
 
The way I like to serve mine is with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkled with some fresh bacon bits and some finely chopped chives on top. It brings the soup to another level with these added ingredients. It also freezes very well. If it gets a bit too thick, just add a ¼ cup of broth (chicken or vegetable) at the time until it reaches your desired consistency.
 
This refreshing Vichyssoise is sure to please everyone this summer. It is smooth with a nice light flavor of onions in the background but not too overpowering. This is the kind of soup that you’ll be pleased to add to your recipe list…
Bon Appétit!
 
Note: If you are not familiar with how to prep leeks, click on this link… How to Trim, Cut & Clean Leeks
 
Here are more soup recipes for you to enjoy…
– Chilled Avocado Soup
– Udon Noodle Soup
– Chilled Leek & Fennel Soup coming on July 9th, 2020
– Minestrone Soup
– West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
– Chilled Roasted Pepper Soup
and for even more soup recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Soups & Chowders

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/classic-vichyssoise/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment