Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mexican Burgers with Avocado Spread Recipe | Club Foody

Bring your burgers to a whole new level

We all have our “food weaknesses” and during the summer time, mine is burgers! I love the taste of burgers on the “barbie”. Thankfully David is the same way and I don’t have to tell you that we do eat a lot of burgers during BBQ season.
 
Here’s the thing though, you won’t see me eating burgers unless they’re homemade. I’m not a big fan of the ones at any fast food joints. Most of the places have their patties thickness about the same as an iPhone 6S. What is that? That’s not a burger! I like a nice thick burger with some personality, not some mass produced concoction.
 
David and I came up with a few different recipes because we both like variety – you have to have several burger recipes during summer time, right? Also the fact that we enjoy having them once a week is the reason variety becomes a necessity.
 
A few years ago during the summer time, I thought about having some burgers that night for dinner. The day was beautiful and warm and the night was going to be pleasant and comfortable. When I opened the refrigerator door, I had my Homemade Pickled Jalapeño Peppers jar that was almost gone, a bunch of Cilantro and an Avocado that needed to be taken care of. I also knew about some Chipotle Purée in my freezer already measured out that was sitting there for a while and needed to be used before they turned into “chipotle-icicles”…
 
Tada!
 
The light went off and the next thing I know, we were eating my latest creation… Mexican Burgers! Are they spicy? Not really but there’s definitely a bite to them. In the video, I show you two ways I prepare them; stuffed and “unstuffed”. I also share with you my Avocado Spread that goes so well with these burgers – it brings the whole Mexican theme together. If you prefer though, you can always David’s Creamy Spicy Guacamole recipe…
 
It is a nice change from everyday burgers and a great recipe to make for your next backyard party or anytime you want burgers. You can make these Mexican burgers ahead of time but I personally never went beyond 3 hours in the refrigerator in case my burgers dry out. Could I be wrong? Sure but why take the risk when we love moist, homemade burgers so much along with fresh homemade Hamburger Buns
Bon Appétit!
 
If you would like more amazing burger recipes, check these out…
– Chipotle Stuffed Bronto Burgers
– Smoky Porky Burgers
– Italian Burgers with Tomato Slaw
– California Chicken Burgers coming summer 2021
– Blue Cheese Burgers
– Hawaiian Burgers coming summer 2022
and for even more BBQ and grilling recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • BBQ & Grilling

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/mexican-burgers/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment