Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Louisiana-style Rémoulade Sauce Recipe | Club Foody

I love sauces and I have a huge respect for them because when I started cooking after moving out from my parents’ house, they saved my dishes many times. With lack of experience, I often over cooked things but with the added sauce, it somehow made it taste better…

As you probably know, France has quite a reputation when it comes to sauce. Besides the 5 Mother Sauces, there’s a long list of well-known condiments that originated in France. One of them is Rémoulade.

This sauce is mayonnaise or aïoli- based usually with pickles and curry as well as paprika, horseradish, capers, and other ingredients. When it was created, it was apparently made to accompany some meat dishes, nowadays rémoulade sauce also pairs well with fried fish and seafood such as crab cakes and po boy sandwiches as well as fried green tomatoes, artichokes, and hard boiled eggs.

Although this sauce came from France, it is also popular in many other countries such as Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, and of course the United States. By the time it got to Louisiana, it had a delicious twist to it and became a Creole cuisine staple.

What differs from the French and the Creole versions are the ingredients. The original version is more yellowish, the Louisiana version is reddish due the added paprika and/or ketchup. Also the Americanized version is slightly more “zippy” than the original sauce.

My version of rémoulade sauce includes my Creole Seasoning Mix along with my Homemade Mayonnaise as well as my Homemade Horseradish. I also use both, paprika and ketchup… why not? I also throw in a few dashes of hot sauce so my rémoulade is definitely not only “reddish” looking but has a nice zip to it!

Next time you want to make crab cakes or other famous Louisiana dishes, you cannot disregard this fabulous condiment. It’s like having a hot dog without the bun… exactly! This Rémoulade Sauce is quick and easy to make, smooth and very tasty… simply the perfect addition to your recipe folder…
Bon Appétit!

Here are more Creole/Cajun recipes for you to enjoy…
Chicken Ham Sausage Jambalaya
Homemade Andouille Sausage
Shrimp Maque Choux
– Creole Shrimp & Andouille Skewers (coming in August 7th 2018)
– Crab Cakes (coming in August 30th, 2018)
and for even more sauce recipes, click on the link… Recipe Category – Sauces & Marinades

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/louisiana-style-remoulade-sauce/


No comments:

Post a Comment